Arts General Operating Grant Program
The Arts General Operating Grant Program is our largest granting program. It provides annual, unrestricted grants to nonprofit performing and visual arts organizations in Dallas County. Organizations can use this unrestricted funding as they see fit on an array of expenses, including program costs, salaries, administration, office expenses, technology or to meet other operational needs.
Specifically, the Arts General Operating Grant Program is designed to:
- foster artistic excellence
- encourage innovation and originality
- support and inspire local artists and local creation
- increase accessibility to the arts for all citizens of Dallas County
- reward financial and administrative stewardship
Grants are awarded annually in January. Grant eligibility and evaluative criteria are published annually. Applicant programs, performances and applications are reviewed and scored by external peer review panels, comprised of volunteer artists, arts administrators, arts advocates, business professionals, community volunteers, and others selected for their expertise and objectivity. Grant amounts are determined by a formula process taking into account an organization’s budget size and score, the number of applicants and the total amount of funds available for TACA to distribute.
Click below for a listing of all of our 2018 TACA Grant Recipients.
2019 Arts General Operating Grant Cycle
We are no longer accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for the 2019 Arts General Operating Grant cycle (grants to be awarded in January 2019).
If you are interested in applying for a grant next year, please join our email list and indicate an interest in grants to make sure you are included on important information about our next grant cycle. LOIs for the 2020 grant cycle will be available in Winter 2018.
In order to be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- be a performing or visual arts organization that otherwise satisfies TACA’s requirements
- have received its IRS 501(c)(3) designation as a public charity by October 1, 2017, and such designation must remain current with the IRS
- be able to submit clear financial reports to document its revenues and expenses for at least one full year prior to the application deadline
- provide performing and/or visual art programming for a live, public audience with a majority of year-round programming taking place in Dallas County
- be deemed by TACA as eligible to apply after completion of the Pre-Application Review process
TACA does not provide funding to the following institutions:
- Colleges/Universities/High Schools/Elementary schools
- Fiscally-sponsored organizations
- For-profit arts institutions
- Non-arts organizations with arts programming
TACA grant awards may not be used to fund the following:
- Capital improvements, endowments, construction or real property
- Debt retirement, deficiencies in previously completed projects
- Cash prizes
- Benefits and events planned primarily for fundraising purposes
- Interest on loans, fines, penalties or costs of litigation
- Direct funding to individual artists
- Conservation and preservation
- Workshops, lectures, etc.
- Re-granting initiatives
- Arts writing (publications)
- Festivals and fairs
For a comprehensive guide to our Arts General Operating Grant program, please review our 2019 Grant Guidelines.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting LOIs for the 2019 grant cycle (grants to be awarded in January 2019).
If you are interested in applying for a grant next year, please join our email list and indicate in interest in grants to make sure you are included on important information about our next grant cycle. LOIs for the 2020 grant cycle will be available in Winter 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the Arts General Operating Grant Program, please contact Greg Oertel, Programs & Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.
TACA Logos & Ads
Our TACA logo is provided in many different formats to assist our grant recipients and other organizations in acknowledging TACA support and collaboration in print and digital communications.